Are you in search of the best parrot cages for your feathered friend? Well, then you might have come across plenty of cage brands online and ended up in confusion. For the health and wellness of your parrot buddy, choosing the best parrot cage is a must. Do you know that a clean and safe cage determines the health as well as the personality of your parrot? This is why getting an all-in-one cage is very important.
- 1 What Is The Best Brand For Parrot Cages? Choose The Right One Here!
- 2 How To Choose The Best Parrot Cage?
- 3 Top 6 Customer-Rated Parrot Cages For 2022
- 4 1. Bosely Standing Wrought Iron Large Bird Cage
- 5 2. Lilithye Bird Cage Open Top Standing Parrot Parakeet Cage
- 6 3. Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage
- 7 4.YINTATECH 53-inch Bird Cage
- 8 5. Vision Wire Bird Cage
- 9 6. Bird Cage, Large Bird Cages Aviary with Stand on Caster Wheels
- 10 The Bottom Line
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
- 12 References
- 13 Share this:
What Is The Best Brand For Parrot Cages? Choose The Right One Here!
You have brought a new member into your home, and this one is so sweet, endearing, and cute that you wish to bestow all the world’s comforts upon it. You are willing to make its new abode as cozy and beautiful, as the little creature is, right? It is a rather regular occurrence to be uncertain about which parrot cage to purchase. Due to the wide variety of parrot cages available on the market, this difficulty exists. We have put up a thorough guide on how to choose the best parrot cages on the market to get you out of your dilemma.
You needn’t worry too much as we are here to help you out. In this article, we have listed the best parrot cages in 2022. These parrot cages are selected from a range of cages after extensive research and analysis. So, to provide a perfect and safe home for your parrot, choose any cage from the ones mentioned here. Begin a beautiful journey with your parrot comrade by choosing any of these cages.
- Designed For: parakeets, cockatiel, an African gray, Conjure, and Cacique
- Size: 63-inch
- Material: high-quality iron materials with a non-toxic powder-coated surface
- Specification: multiple doors,3 swing-out feeder doors
- Designed For: parakeets, finches, canaries, parrotlets, lovebirds, caiques, cockatiels, conures, and much more
- Size: 57 inches
- Material: high-quality wrought iron
- Specification: secured with a heavy-duty push button lock,stand-on wheels for easy use
- Designed For: Parakeets, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Cacique, Conures, Jardine’s Parrot, Meyer’s Pionus, Poicephalus, Red-bellied, and other medium-sized birds
- Size: 68-inch
- Material: strong wrought metal frame and wires
- Specification: large front door, includes 5 Stainless steel cups, heavy-duty push button door lock
- Designed For: Parakeets, Parrotlet, Green-Cheek Conures, and little finches
- Size: 30-inch
- Material: low-carbon, rust-proof, and waterproof steel
- Specification: 4 caster wheels are attached to the bottom
How To Choose The Best Parrot Cage?
The health and well-being of your bird depend upon the type of cage you choose for it. Just like the bird adapts to nature, it should be able to adapt to the cage environment and feel safe and secure. While selecting a cage, you should also keep in mind the type of bird you have and its requirements. Here are some of the things to consider while selecting a parrot cage:
1. Size of the Cage
Different birds need different types of cages depending on their feather length, wingspans, and other factors. When choosing a cage for your parrot, make sure to get one that is spacious enough for the bird to move around and stretch out. If the cage is congested, it will adversely affect your parrot’s health. So, buy a cage that suits your parrot’s size and requirements.
2. Apt Furniture
Choosing a cage made with the right furniture is also essential. The best furniture for your parrot’s cage is wood that is parasite-free and clean. The perches are made of natural wood and wide and shallow water and food bowls are perfect. So, even the kind of furniture that you choose decides the health and comfort of your parrot.
3. Comfortable Area or Spot
Now, deciding on the area or spot where you would place our parrot cage is essential. Birds are sensitive to fumes coming from cooking, cleaning procedures, and other processes. So, make sure to place your parrot’s cage in a place that is away from the kitchen and where they can get natural sunlight. Keep the cage away from places children can reach, household pets, drafty areas, and near air conditioning.
4. Bar Spacing
The next factor to consider is the bar spacing. This is important as improper bar spacing might lead the bird to escape or get stuck. So, make sure to buy cages with bar spacing apt for your parrot and that is escape and intrusion proof.
5. Cage Quality and Craftsmanship
Now, analyzing the quality of the cage is important. The best parrot cages are those that are made of sturdy, non-toxic materials. So, stainless steel cages are ideal as they are non-toxic, easy to clean, and will not chip. To ensure the health and wellness of your parrot, it is important to provide it with a healthy living space.
Top 6 Customer-Rated Parrot Cages For 2022
The best customer-rated parrot cages for 2022 are listed below. From these cages, you can choose any one cage for your parrot.
Bosely Standing Wrought Iron Large Bird Cage is designed for Cockatiels, African Grey, Amazon Orange Wing, Sun Conure, Senegal, and similar-sized birds. This bird cage is 52 inches and is made from premium metal covered with anti-rust hammered paint.
The cage consists of 2 doors and a door latch with a chain for secure locking and maintenance. It is equipped with a solid polished wooden perch and four large feeding trays. The cage comes with a slide-out floor grid on which birds can stand while the cage is cleaned. It also consists of a removable sand tray that lets you replace the bird’s sand easily.
Bosely Standing Wrought Iron Large Bird Cage can be easily moved as it is equipped with 4 durable swivel casters. This birdcage is simple to assemble as it comes with the necessary hardware and detailed step-by-step instruction for quick assembly. The price of a Bosely Standing Wrought Iron Large Bird Cage is $269. Here are some of the pros and cons of this bird cage.
- Ultrastrong construction
- Easy to clean
- Easy to assemble
- Wooden perch and large feeding trays
- 1 slide-out floor and 2 doors
- 4 durable swivel casters
- Removable sand tray
- Seems to be a bit flimsy
- Instructions are not clear and hence, difficult to assemble
Lilithye Bird Cage Open Top Standing Parrot Parakeet Cage is a bird cage that is created specifically for parakeets, cockatiels, African gray, Conjure, and Cacique. This cage is 63-inch and is made of sturdy high-quality iron materials with a non-toxic powder-coated surface ensuring durability. The cage is equipped with multiple doors, an easily accessible top door and front door, and 3 swing-out feeder doors.
The feeding cups are made of stainless steel for filling food and water. For convenient cleaning and maintenance, the cage consists of a smooth slide-out metal grate and tray. Lilithye Bird Cage Open Top Standing Parrot Parakeet Cage also comes with 4 360° spinning wheels for easy rolling and moving of the cage from one place to another. For keeping pet supplies, the cage contains an iron wire storage rack. The price of this large parrot cage is a bit higher than the above-mentioned cage and is $339.
- High-quality cage made with strong iron materials
- Slide-out door enables easy cleaning
- 4 universal wheels for easy moving
- Metal storage rack for pet supplies
- Wooden top and inside perch
- Sturdy and easy to assemble
- Feeding trays are small
- Spinning wheels are not perfect
3. Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage
Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage is a bird home designed to house multiple small birds like parakeets, finches, canaries, parrotlets, lovebirds, caiques, cockatiels, conures, and much more. The size of this cage is 57 inches and is made of high-quality wrought iron. This bird home has an integrated play top design to entertain and keep your pets healthy.
The cage is secured with a heavy-duty push button lock and has stand-on wheels for easy use. It is equipped with four stainless steel cups, two wood perches, a rounded seed guard, an open play top, and a caster stand for portability. The cage comes with removable trays and a bottom grille that enables easy cleaning. The mess around the cage is controlled by rounded corner seed guards. This pet-friendly cage is worth $436.
- High-quality wrought iron material
- Heavy-duty push button lock
- Stainless steel cups, two wooden perches, a rounded seed guard
- A caster stands for portability
- Removable trays and button grille
- Playtop enables more freedom for birds
- Lack of clarity in instructions for assembly
- Flimsy trays
4.YINTATECH 53-inch Bird Cage
YINTATECH 53-inch Bird Cage is a bird home that is created to house Parakeets, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Cacique, Conures, Jardine’s Parrot, Meyer’s Pionus, Poicephalus, Red-bellied, and other medium-sized birds. This is a 68-inch birdcage constructed using a strong wrought metal frame and wires.
The cage is coated with an epoxy finish ensuring the highest durability. The smooth and non-toxic material guarantees the health and well-being of your bird. The bird home comes with a play top and ladder design. It is also equipped with a large front door and contains 2 large cups on top for feeding food and water to birds.
The cage includes 5 Stainless steel cups, 3 feeder doors, a heavy-duty push button door lock, 2 hardwood perches, and a tall stand for a higher cage situation where birds love to remain. The cage is also easy to clean as it has top and bottom removable trays. It is also equipped with 4 strong caster wheels allowing you to move the cage as needed. The price of this birdcage is $179.
- Value for money
- Safe and secure
- Made using high-quality materials
- A large front door and 3 feeder doors
- Easy to clean and move
- Arrived with some metal bars slightly damaged
- Rusting in some parts
Vision Wire Bird Cage is a bird home that is ideal for parakeets, finches, canaries, budgies, and lovebirds. The size of this cage is 22 inches and hence, it is apt for small birds like parrots. This cage is made of high-quality terracotta material ensuring durability. Vision L01 Wire Bird Cage is easy to handle and assemble as no screws, hooks, or tools are required.
The cage can be detached from the bottom for easy cleaning and maintenance. The base of the cage is unique with a debris guard accommodating multiple types of litter and eliminating all mess. The cage is equipped with double pivoting front doors and consists of a handle for ease of carrying. The cage also comes with exterior seed or water cup access, and multi-grip perches. This all-in-one cage is worth $199. Some of the positives and negatives of Vision L01 are below:
- Quick and easy to assemble
- No-drawer design
- Unique deep base with a debris guard
- Double pivoting 90° front doors
- Carrying handles
- Multiple grips
- Exterior seed or water cup access
- The carrying handles are not strong
- The top is not that sturdy
Bird Cage, Large Bird Cages Aviary with Stand on Caster Wheels cage is a high-quality bird cage developed for birds like Parakeets, Parrotlet, Green-Cheek Conures, and little finches. This is a 30-inch birdcage with a sturdy frame. It is made of high-quality, low-carbon, rust-proof, and waterproof steel guaranteeing quality and durability. It is coated with non-toxic hammer-pattern paint.
It has a stable steel frame and 4 caster wheels are attached to the bottom for easy moving. The cage has a simple fat-top design and comes with a drawer-type sandbox and mesh shelf ensuring convenience and accessibility. The cage is easy to clean as it consists of a slide-out tray and all the other parts can also be removed.
Bird Cage, Large Bird Cages Aviary with Stand on Caster Wheels cage provides complete safety and security as it is made of low-carbon steel and the latches are strong and durable. Additionally, you get 2 white plastic food boxes and 2 long wooden sticks. The price of this bird home is just $139 and is the cheapest among the ones listed here.
- Sturdy frame
- Considerate design
- Easy cleaning
- Completely safe and secure
- Extra accessories provided
- Removable shelf
- No carrying handles
- Some cages arrived with damages
The Bottom Line
So, we have clearly listed the 6 best parrot cages in 2022 here. For choosing the best cages, we conducted a detailed analysis of many cages. The analysis focused on the quality of the cage, functionalities, specific features, ease of cleaning and moving, and a lot more. We have also curated some of the factors you should keep in mind while purchasing a parrot cage. With no more delay, choose the most suitable parrot cage for your parrot from the aforementioned and ensure their health and well-being. Let your companionship be as strong as the cage you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
The size of the cage you choose should be based on your parrot’s size. Choose a cage that is spacious and allows natural lighting so that your parrot can have a comfortable living space.
Place your parrot cage in a clean place, exposed to ample sunlight, and away from your kitchen, other pets, and small children.
Yes, you can choose a parrot cage with a play top as this allows your parrot to play as it wishes and provide it more freedom.
The best parrot cages come with easy-to-assemble parts and removable trays and stand for easy cleaning.
All the parrot cages listed here can be easily moved as they are equipped with spinning wheels that rotate at 360°.
- NIH (n.d) The Sustainability of Keeping Birds as Pets: Should Any Be Kept? Available [Online] at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7927005/
- Animal Welfare Victoria (2022) Owning a bird. Available [Online] at: https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/livestock-and-animals/animal-welfare-victoria/other-pets/pet-birds/owning-a-bird
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (n.d) Birds Kept as Pets. Available [Online] at: https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/pets/birds.html