The Best Hummingbird Feeders In 2023: ATTRACTIVE Feeders!
One of our favorite spring and summer activities may be watching flying animals in the yard. For many people, bird-watching can be a peaceful activity. And hummingbirds are immensely popular. If you want to observe them closely in your garden. you can feed them nectar. It is important to provide them with tasty treats, so using a quality feeder can help attract more hummingbirds to the park. They are famous for drinking nectar from flowers and are nature’s sugar addicts. It is very interesting to feed hummingbirds and hummingbird feeders are the best option to feed them.
As we know, the majority of their diet includes sugar so we can prepare a sugar solution of 1:4 proportion to feed them as nectar. Choosing the best hummingbird feeders will be challenging. But, when it comes to quality and price, it is not easy to select the right one from the market. Since hummingbirds are highly active, energetic, and curious birds, the feeders should be functional and attractive.
- 1 Best Hummingbird Feeders To Look For – Choose The Best!
- 2 What Is The Best Color For A Hummingbird Feeder?
- 3 6 Best Red Hummingbird Feeders
- 4 1. Sewanta hummingbird feeder
- 5 2. Konizy hummingbird feeder
- 6 3. Konizy hand-blown glass hummingbird feeder for outdoor handling
- 7 4. More birds red jewel hummingbird feeder
- 8 5. Wild wings WWSFHF5 so a real single-flower hummingbird feeder
- 9 6. Perky-pet 220 the grand master 48-ounce hummingbird feeder
- 10 What can you feed hummingbirds besides sugar water?
- 11 ❓Frequently Asked Questions
- 12 Summarising: The Best Hummingbird Feeders In 2023
- 13 Share this:
Best Hummingbird Feeders To Look For – Choose The Best!
There are certain elements to consider while buying hummingbird feeders: it should hold plenty of nectar, the durability of the product, and its attractiveness. Hummingbirds mostly feed on flowers to collect nectar, especially bright-colored flowers for a reason.
If you are looking for a bird feeder to attract hummingbirds, you can consider this article as a guide to purchasing a feeder and knowing more about hummingbirds. After researching, we suggest the best hummingbird feeders based on size, price, shape, material, and ease of filling and cleaning.
Sewanta Hummingbird Feeder
- Capacity: 16 ounces of nectar
- Material: hard plastic, stainless steel, and iron
- Weight: 1.39 pounds
- Dimension: 10.51 *7.13*7.05 inches.
- Features: Transparent reservoir, does not require other fittings to place the feeder, leakproof
Konizy Hummingbird Feeder
- Material: durable polycarbonate
- Dimension: 7.87*7.87*2.61 inches
- Features: 20 feeding ports and 3D flowers, leakage proof, easy to clean
Konizy Hand-Blown Glass Hummingbird Feeder for Outdoor Handling
- Capacity: 30 fl. oz of nectar
- Material: Glass, Metal
- Weight: 2.29 pounds.
- Dimension: 6.06’’L*6.06’’W*10.63’’H
- Features: easy to maintain, leakage and rust proof
More Birds Red Jewel Hummingbird Feeder
- Capacity: 20 fluid ounces of nectar.
- Material: Glass
- Weight: 0.01 pounds.
- Dimension: 6.3’’L86.3’’W*9.9’’H.
- Features: easy cleaning and filling
Wild Wings WWSFHF5 So Real Single-Flower Hummingbird Feeder
- Capacity: a decent amount of nectar to feed multiple hummingbirds per day
- Dimension: 4.5’’L84’’W*8’’H
- Features: can be hung anywhere, available in red and yellow colors.
Perky-pet 220 Grand Master 48-ounce Hummingbird Feeder
- Capacity: 48 oz of the nectar
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 1.05 pounds
- Dimension: 16’’L*12’’W*24’’H
- Features: Six flower-shaped ports, easy cleaning, transparency
What Is The Best Color For A Hummingbird Feeder?
Attracting hummingbirds seems fun. It is a well-known fact that hummingbirds are attracted to red color. So many people use red dye to the nectar to feed them. But I don’t recommend using the dye because it can cause major injury to hummingbirds. The feeder of hummingbirds is usually found in red color. Have you ever wondered why they are attracted to the red color? Then let’s discuss the reason.
It is difficult to spot the exact reason why hummingbirds get attracted to bright colors.
According to science, hummingbirds contain a lot of cons in their retina, which contributes to their ability to perceive colors. They can see varieties of non-spectral colors near UV, including UV+red, yellow, green, and purple. The cones of hummingbirds contain pigments and oil droplets in red and yellow shades, which act like filters. These filters heighten color sensitivity in the red and yellow range, muting other colors such as blue.
On the other hand, red, orange, and yellow colored flowers have 19-21% sugar levels. The white, blue, and violet-colored flowers tend to have a lesser sugar concentration of 5-18%, which is considerably lesser than bright flowers. So they often feed on bright flowers, mostly red. It can be another reason why hummingbirds get attracted by the red color. So people use the red feeder to attract hummingbirds to the yard.
6 Best Red Hummingbird Feeders
Hummingbirds require a feeder designed for their long tongues and slender bills. There are also hummingbird feeder masks to feed the birds which gives a unique observational experience to us while feeding them. Using an appropriate feeder is the best way to bring hummingbirds into your yard and you can decide the place to hang a hummingbird’s feeder. It comes in various colors, shapes, and sizes.
Here we suggest the best hummingbird feeders that can help you feed your hummingbirds effectively.
1. Sewanta hummingbird feeder
This feeder is specially designed for hummingbirds to attract them to your outdoor space. This feeder is a wonderful addition to any yard because of its attractive appearance and distinct features. That includes
- Capacity: Sewanta hummingbird feeder can consist of 16 ounces of nectar to attract multitudes of hummingbirds to your backyard. This bright red feeder has 10 flower-shaped ports and perches arranged circularly for several birds to feed simultaneously. This feeder is USA made.
- Transparent reservoir: the transparent exterior of the feeder helps you to monitor the level of nectar filled in the container and will be able to know when to refill. It is also helpful to check whether the container is clean or not.
- Hanging facility: it does not require other fittings to place the feeder. You can simply hang this hummingbird feeder onto a tree with an s-shaped hook attached to it. You can enjoy the bird’s folk by hanging the feeder from a height of 5 feet above the ground.
- Design: the reservoirs and the feeder’s base are made of hard plastic. The wide mouth ensures easy cleaning and filling of the nectar. The feeder is in 2 parts so you can easily twist the parts and clean it effortlessly. Hand-wash is safer than a dishwasher.
- Leakproof: the reservoir’s mouth is tightly screwed on the base which effectively seals the feeder. After filling the nectar in the container, screw it tightly so that it will not leak even if it is hung upside down.
- Other features: the material of the feeder is hard plastic, stainless steel, and iron. It weighs 1.39 pounds with a size of 10.51 *7.13*7.05 inches.
2. Konizy hummingbird feeder
This feeder is one of the best hummingbird feeders for outside hanging which can attract more hummingbirds with 20 feeding ports attached to it. This feeder is a gift to your bird-watcher friend who loves hummingbirds. The feeder adds beauty and sophistication to the home of a hummingbird lover. The attractive feature of this feeder is;
- Exterior Features: if you are a pro or novice bird-watcher, this hummingbird feeder will help you to have a clear look at hummingbirds. It has 20 feeding ports and 3D flowers to give a realistic appearance. The round perch design allows birds to stay longer while feeding and provide us with a decent look at their action. You can hang the feeder outdoors with the s-shaped hooks attached to it.
- Easy to clean and refill: if you are looking for a versatile and effortless feeder this can help you. This feeder has a 12-ounce plastic reservoir with a wide opening allowing you to fill the nectar easily. The wide openings and detachable cover allow an easy cleaning process and make it a simple task. So you can ensure the hygiene of the feeder.
- Leakage proof: the leak-proof top-fill feeder will not allow your nectar to spill or leak. The locking buckles which are build-in and the inner sealing ring on the red lid tightly seal the feeder. This feeder is made of durable polycarbonate which tightly seals the feeder and makes it windproof and not easy to drop.
- Only for hummingbirds: the feeder is designed in a way that ensures the safety of hummingbirds. The small & deep feeding ports will keep bees away while only accessible to hummingbirds. In addition, the feeder port is large enough for the bird’s beak.
- Other features: the dimension of the feeder is 7.87*7.87*2.61 inches and its weight to 9.1 ounces. The durable polycarbonate material won’t fade easily.
3. Konizy hand-blown glass hummingbird feeder for outdoor handling
It is a unique and attractive feeder with a spiral pattern for garden decor. This feeder is completely different from other feeders with attractive features.
- Design: this feeder is designed in the US. It has distinctive flower bud shape spiral grooves, which radiate the charm of curves and add beauty to the garden. This feeder is equally attractive for humans and hummingbirds because of the mix of art and beauty. The hummingbirds spend more time watching the bright color flares on the crystal glass body of the feeder.
- Capacity: this glass feeder can hold up to 30 fl. oz of nectar that can serve more than 15 hummingbirds per day. This hand-blown glass is all the rage with hummingbird feeders for its durability, capacity, and stability.
- Easy to maintain: this feeder is designed in a way that we can simply screw the cap closure and wide mouth. Due to this, the feeder can easily be cleaned and filled with nectar effortlessly. The rope and hooks provided in the feeder facilitate you to hang it anywhere you want. Due to the glass material used, the feeder will not fade and get damaged.
- Leakage and rust proof: the built-in sealing gasket of the feeder offers extra protection against the leak. When comparing other feeders, this feeder is made with advanced acid passivation technology. The metal base of this feeder is two times more resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Other features: This hanging mount feeder weighs 2.29 pounds. The dimension of the product is 6.06’’L*6.06’’W*10.63’’H.
4. More birds red jewel hummingbird feeder
This is a classy-looking hummingbird feeder that gives your garden a unique appearance. The feeder not only attracts hummingbirds but also the attention of humans with its stunning and elegant vintage look. The more bird red jewel hummingbird feeder has a lot of features such as:
- Design: the design of this feeder is distinct from another normal feeder. It gives a rich look due to the designs and patterns of the feeder. The feeder consists of an eight-sided red glass bottle attached to a polished copper base. The exterior appearance of the feeder adds a splash of bygone beauty.
- Capacity: this glass feeder holds 20 fluid ounces of hummingbird nectar. This capacity can feed several hummingbirds at once.
- Feeding portals: the feeder has five flower-shaped feeding ports to accommodate multiple hummingbirds.
- Easy cleaning and filling: this feeder is easy to clean because of its open mouth opening. It is better to wash the feeder by hand with warm soapy water. Avoid putting the dishwasher on for cleaning or washing. But you have to be careful while handling the feeder.
- Other features: this is a hanging feeder which has a dimension of 6.3’’L86.3’’W*9.9’’H. The item weight is 0.01 pounds
5. Wild wings WWSFHF5 so a real single-flower hummingbird feeder
Wild wings hummingbird feeder has a unique design and is completely different from the typical hummingbird feeder. This is a single-flower feeder which exactly looks like a really big flower. This feeder comes with easy-connect technology which allows feeding multiple hummingbirds in the same amount of vertical space. The other specialties are
- Design: this feeder can be hung anywhere you want to attract hummingbirds. We can hang more than one feeder one by one so that birds can perch on their feeder in the vertical space. Each feeder has one feeding port with a leak-free silicone gasket with a proper grip to encourage birds to stay for a long time.
- Capacity: the feeder can consist of a decent amount of nectar to feed multiple hummingbirds per day. But one bird can feed at a time.
- Sufficient distance: the distance in the feeder is managed in the way that a hummingbird’s tongue can stretch twice as long as its bills. It ensures all sizes of hummingbirds feed easily through the domed lid.
- Cleaning: you must change the nectar at least twice a week depending upon the temperature, location, and how frequently hummingbirds feed from your feeder. When the feeder is empty, clean them accordingly.
- Other features: the dimension of the product is 4.5’’L84’’W*8’’H. The wild wings hummingbird feeder is available in red and yellow colors.
6. Perky-pet 220 the grand master 48-ounce hummingbird feeder
A perky-pet grand master plastic hummingbird feeder is the perfect solution as a hummingbird feeder. This large-capacity feeder is an affordable and feasible product. The other features of these feeders are
- Capacity: the most notable feature of this feeder is the capacity level. It can hold 48 oz of the nectar to prevent frequent refilling and perfectly fit or hungry hummers.
- Ports: it has six flower-shaped ports with comfortable perches so hummingbirds can rest when they are having the nectar. In addition to it, the large and wide-mouth bottle makes it a convenient feeder for birders.
- Transparency: the clear, shatter-proof plastic reservoir makes it easy to monitor the nectar level and reminds you to refill it when the feeder is empty.
- Cleaning: the most interesting part of this feeder is, it is easy to clean. The detachable parts of the feeder will allow you to clean every corner of the feeder effortlessly. Even the perches and flower parts of the feeder can be removed easily so you can reach every nook and cranny.
- Other features: the feeder is made of plastic and the dimension of the product is 16’’L*12’’W*24’’H. It weighs 1.05 pounds. The origin of the product is the USA.
What can you feed hummingbirds besides sugar water?
Now we know that hummingbirds are fond of nectar and we understand how to prepare recipes for hummingbird feeders. When you invest time to feed them, you might be curious about the food of hummingbirds. What do hummingbirds eat besides nectar? The answer is a lot. They eat insects and tiny spiders to get protein and also feed on tree sap. But it is not possible to catch insects and feed them but we can give them other food such as varieties of fruits rather than nectar.
They eat fruit juice from different juices but only after having nectar. You can attract hummingbirds with nectar and can feed them fruits like oranges, grapes, bananas, apples, and water-content fruits. They like it because it contains sugar and resembles nectar.
You have to remember that hummingbirds have tiny bills that can’t break the fruit and eat it by themselves. It is also important that the fruits should be fully ripped so that they can have them easily. So how you prepare the fruits before feeding matters!
❓Frequently Asked Questions
In order to ensure durability, look for feeders that are simple to clean, have a drip-proof design, and are composed of UV-resistant materials. A feeder with vibrant colors might also assist attract hummingbirds.
Yes, you can make hummingbird nectar using plain granulated sugar. Before filling your feeder, combine one part sugar with four parts water, heat to a boil, and then let it cool.
Cleaning your hummingbird feeder is advised at least once per week, or more frequently in warm weather. Clean the feeder with hot water and a little soap, and then completely rinse it before refilling.
The ideal hummingbird feeder will depend on the user’s demands and preferences. Although saucers or dish feeders are another alternative, tube feeders with numerous feeding openings are a popular choice. Choose one with characteristics you find appealing and that are simple to maintain.
The feeder should ideally be hung in a shaded area where hummingbirds can easily see it. It’s also essential to hang it away from windows to avoid mishaps. Make sure the feeder is secured firmly to prevent it from falling.
Summarising: The Best Hummingbird Feeders In 2023
Hummingbirds are very curious and fast-moving birds. We cannot watch their activities when they are flying around the atmosphere. The best way to attract them is by feeding them their favorite nectar. If you want to fill your hummingbirds with cute and pleasant hummingbirds, the above-mentioned best hummingbird feeders will help you to find the correct one.
You can also plant native wildflowers in your garden to give your hummer access to the complete diet of natural nectar and they can eat tiny insects as they wish. Hope you found the article helpful in learning about the best hummingbird feeders and more.